Craft Table Makeover

After the success of my bookcase makeover, I decided that my craft table needed a bit of a revamp.

Tablesm1

Here it is, very practical, but not very pretty.

My daughter has a bit of a love affair going with the shop Paperchase, and while I was in there with her last week I spotted some fantastic art papers that I thought would be just perfect to jazz the table up a bit.  So I bought 6 papers, which amazingly enough fitted perfectly on the table, with no waste at all.

TableSm2

The table has a folding section in the centre, which stores away when it’s not needed, so I had to cut a couple of the papers up so that they’d fit around this.  I mixed up some PVA glue and water, about half and half, glued the table, and then the back of the paper and began to stick them down.

TableSm4

It was quite tricky to get the papers stuck flat, and to work out any air bubbles before the glue stuck down, but with the help of my husband I managed it.

TableSm7

This is the middle folding section of the table, the papers were just the perfect width to cover it.

And here are a final few photos so you can see the papers close up.

TableSm5 tableSm6 TableSm8

We added a couple of coats of clear varnish to the table top once the glue had dried, just to make sure that it’s strong enough to cope with all the crafting that will be happening on it.

I absolutely love it, and can’t wait to find another makeover project now.

 

TableSm9

However I have found one small snag with using such busy papers – I’ve put 6 pins down and just can’t find them anywhere!

TableSm10

Blanket Colour Schemes

As I use a lot of Stylecraft Special DK yarn, I often end up with a lot of scraps hanging around waiting for a project to use them on.  And while I love sorting through the scrap box just looking at all the lovely colours, I decided that I really must do something with them.  So I grabbed the box, cast on 125 stitches and just begun making a blanket.

WP_20150928_11_30_06_Pro

I’m using rows of trebles with each following row worked between the trebles of the previous row.  Each time I finish one of the scraps I just grab a random ball, tie it in and use it until it is finished.  This blanket is still a work in progress, however what I have discovered while crocheting this is that there are so many gorgeous colour combinations, some of which I would never have dreamed of putting together. So I thought I’d pick out some of these colour combinations and photograph them so when I’m stuck for a colour scheme later on I can nip back to this post and find one I like.  The only problem I’ve found with using scraps is that I didn’t label them so I’m a little confused with which colours I used, but to the best of my knowledge these are the colours.

colourway1

Pomegranate, Pale Rose, Magenta, Violet, Petrol, Sherbet

colourway2

Lipstick, Magenta, Wisteria, Cream, Fiesta

colourway3

Candy floss, Pomegranate, Turquoise, Petrol, Citron, Lime, Lipstick

colourway4

Candy floss, Aspen, Lipstick, Dark Brown, Turquoise, Gold

colourway5

Fiesta, Spice, Lime, Grape, Sherbet, Pale Rose, Citron

colourway6

Lipstick, Cream, Turquoise, Clematis, Violet, Magenta, Sherbet

colourway7

Lipstick, Citron, Pale Rose, Sherbet, Violet, Lime, Spice, Fiesta

colourway8

Spring Green, Aspen, Lipstick, Dark Brown, Turquoise, Gold

colourway9

Candy Floss, Cream, Sunshine, Spice, White.

Hopefully those are the right colours, I really must add a shade card to my next order of the yarn or at least get a little bit more organised and label my scraps.