Craft Table Makeover

After the success of my bookcase makeover, I decided that my craft table needed a bit of a revamp.

Tablesm1

Here it is, very practical, but not very pretty.

My daughter has a bit of a love affair going with the shop Paperchase, and while I was in there with her last week I spotted some fantastic art papers that I thought would be just perfect to jazz the table up a bit.  So I bought 6 papers, which amazingly enough fitted perfectly on the table, with no waste at all.

TableSm2

The table has a folding section in the centre, which stores away when it’s not needed, so I had to cut a couple of the papers up so that they’d fit around this.  I mixed up some PVA glue and water, about half and half, glued the table, and then the back of the paper and began to stick them down.

TableSm4

It was quite tricky to get the papers stuck flat, and to work out any air bubbles before the glue stuck down, but with the help of my husband I managed it.

TableSm7

This is the middle folding section of the table, the papers were just the perfect width to cover it.

And here are a final few photos so you can see the papers close up.

TableSm5 tableSm6 TableSm8

We added a couple of coats of clear varnish to the table top once the glue had dried, just to make sure that it’s strong enough to cope with all the crafting that will be happening on it.

I absolutely love it, and can’t wait to find another makeover project now.

 

TableSm9

However I have found one small snag with using such busy papers – I’ve put 6 pins down and just can’t find them anywhere!

TableSm10

Advertisements

Bookcase Makeover

Not strictly a yarn project that I have to share today, but this bookcase does hold all my yarn so I guess with a little stretch of the imagination we could pretend that this is a yarn-y project.

Let me introduce you to my bookcase

WP_20150914_002

It arrived at my house a few years ago from a local charity shop and it sits next to my work desk and holds as much yarn as I can physically pack onto the shelves (and boy am I good at packing it in!)  So firstly I emptied it, which took quite a while and lots and lots of storage boxes, here is the bookcase waiting patiently for it’s new look.

WP_20150920_14_30_39_Pro

I bought some Grand Illusions paint from a local shop, and gave it a couple of coats, then to my delight I discovered that the shade of paint I’d bought went perfectly with a roll of wallpaper I bought about 5 years ago when a DIY shop I’d visited was closing down and selling off wallpaper rolls for £1 each.

WP_20150922_19_27_16_Pro

So I spent a couple of hours cutting and gluing the wallpaper to the backboard and voila, here is the finished bookcase

WP_20150925_16_29_54_Pro

and a close up view of the wallpaper, just in case you are interested

WP_20150925_16_30_09_Pro

I’m so pleased with how lovely my bookcase now looks, I think I’ll have to go back to the charity shop and have another look for another project.